Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Writing and Sketching


I have moved more times than I care to count in my life, changing continents every two years while I still lived in the single digits. After that it slowed down, but I still moved a fair bit.

One day, tired of being uprooted constantly, and wanting  a reminder that God is in control, I painted a picture of a sad little girl being gently uprooted.

Over the summer, I was struggling once more with this grief. Within the struggle came a reminder of God's love and care, and a desire to repaint the picture with changes.

Now the girl is no longer passively being uprooted. Instead, she has been resisting -- holding onto the side of the pot. But now the Gardener has called her. In looking at Him, though her face is streaked with tears, she is letting go and reaching for Him.

Disclaimer: The main reason for this post is to let my students see how writing and sketches can work together in planning sometimes. However, I like to share the story behind things, hence the whole post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin