Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Joy comes in the morning



All was still. The tears were gone, leaving a quiet emptiness. Slowly she began to read again.

The words thrust home bring quiet wonder with them. For the moment, joy reigned.



This was just a quick little painting on an index card.

Initially I thought that this picture was just one of delight, even though while I painted her eyes, I thought she looked sad. The more I looked at her eyes however, the more it looked like she had indeed been crying, but had been reminded of God's goodness.

Not in a superficial way, but in a way that reached the depth of her being, so that for a moment "crying slept softly with joy" (Miller).

2 comments:

  1. I love your delicate watercolor technique. And I have felt like that when I was reading before.

    Have I have found someone who else loves the Singer Trilogy? Or Calvin Miller per se? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    Yes. I do confess to liking the Singer Trilogy, and what little other Calvin Miller I have read.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin