Thursday, September 24, 2009

A spoonful of fun makes the chores go quickly

Sometimes all one needs to make work fun is a companion and a little imagination.

My 7-year-old brother and I were taking care of the morning's batch of green beans. He was washing, and I was stringing. At first work went normal.
He rubbed the beans and placed them into the bowl for me to string.

Then things got interesting. I think the beans first started missing the bowl and landing into the sink.
Then they were on the sink.
Soon he was laughing, and soon almost every bean was jumping. I kept insisting they were not Mexican Jumping beans, but he only laughed and the beans kept jumping.

Most made it into the bowl. A few landed in the dishes still unloaded. One even landed in the potato bag!

Afterwards, as we sat down to eat lunch, I doodled a bean on the back of junk mail.
My brother liked it, so I later added some color:

\
Jumping bean cousin ready for mischief


(We won't mention the time I talked my siblings into throwing the washing into the tree rather than on the clothes line)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin