Friday, August 7, 2009

Penciless outlining for watercolours


I realize that the picture at left is a bit fuzzy, and I apologize for this.

It's illustrating a new technique I've discovered: outlining in orange. Pencil tends to show through.

Usually on small paintings, I just paint. However this painting is in fact close to 8 1/2
by 11 in real life. Much more detail therefore is required. Hence the outlining in light orange.

I discovered long ago that orange paint diluted with a certain amount of water creates a nice lighter skin tone. Now I have found it works for outlines too.


2 comments:

  1. Love to see artists at work. Keep on creating beautiful images for us to see.


    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    My apologies for taking so long to reply - being new to blogging, I did not think to check for comments.

    I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin